× Members

gp esa/pip

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121291 by gazzmg
gp esa/pip was created by gazzmg
I went to the gp to get a supporting letter for ESA and PIP and she replied. " i wont give you a supporting letter because i dont know anything about mental health i am only a gp" She said " i have no expertise in this area so would only be generalsing". Has anyone else have this response from there gp she was absolutley useless.
Bit worried as i tried to explain my problems and didnt really listen.

i have old letter from the psychiatrist dated 2011 explaining my problems which reflects the same situation for many years can i still use this because it looks like i wont get any support from gp.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121292 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic gp esa/pip

gazzmg wrote: I went to the gp to get a supporting letter for ESA and PIP and she replied. " i wont give you a supporting letter because i dont know anything about mental health i am only a gp" She said " i have no expertise in this area so would only be generalsing". Has anyone else have this response from there gp she was absolutley useless.
Bit worried as i tried to explain my problems and didnt really listen.

i have old letter from the psychiatrist dated 2011 explaining my problems which reflects the same situation for many years can i still use this because it looks like i wont get any support from gp.

Trying to salvage something positive from the situation, at least they were honest with you and did not charge you for a letter that actually diminished your claim!

You can access your medical records, there may be correspondence between your psychiatrist and your GP that may assist your claim.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121293 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic gp esa/pip
Many GPs are refusing to give letters of support, for one reason or another :) At least DWP/ATOS should be used to this by now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Rubyred
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121304 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic gp esa/pip
I received copies of my medical records at a cost of £62.50, thinking there would be something of more use in an assessment.
Apart from the exception of notes made when I had steroid injections there wasnt anything there that I didnt have copies of ie letters, appointments etc.

So think before you spend the money, there may be nothing of any use and you may not need it.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121308 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic gp esa/pip

Rubyred wrote: I received copies of my medical records at a cost of £62.50, thinking there would be something of more use in an assessment.
Apart from the exception of notes made when I had steroid injections there wasnt anything there that I didnt have copies of ie letters, appointments etc.

So think before you spend the money, there may be nothing of any use and you may not need it.

You are entitled to read your notes at the surgery, before deciding what, if any, items that you want copies of.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.