× Members

Mandatory reconsideration PIP unsuccessful

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121345 by ELEANOR
As expected, the decision was unchanged. I will now go to appeal. I have ME and the original claim was unsuccessful as the assessor said that, if I could get up to go to the toilet several times a night, I must be able to walk more than 50m. Despite supplying actual measurements (the distance from my bed to the bathroom is 9m and when I get there I sit down. :laugh: ) I must be able to walk more than 50m but no more than 200m. They don't included 'Safely, reliably and within a reasonable time-frame' which is what they are supposed to do especially for people with fluctuating conditions like ME. I will keep you informed. :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121347 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory reconsideration PIP unsuccessful
I'm sorry that the M did not go in your favour :( As you say, you can now submit a formal appeal, please keep us in touch with how things are going.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
9 years 11 months ago #121355 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic Mandatory reconsideration PIP unsuccessful
Did you send medical evidence with your appln?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.