× Members

PIP - Claim

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121442 by Daisydream
PIP - Claim was created by Daisydream
I need to contact the DWP tomorrow to start my claim to be transferred from DLA to PIP, am I right in thinking that I can request extra time to fill in these forms if I suffer with Anxiety/Stress and memory problems and poor concentration due to severe fatigue from ME/CFS, do I need to fill in a form to request this or is it all done on the initial first telephone call. Many thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Claim

Daisydream wrote: I need to contact the DWP tomorrow to start my claim to be transferred from DLA to PIP, am I right in thinking that I can request extra time to fill in these forms if I suffer with Anxiety/Stress and memory problems and poor concentration due to severe fatigue from ME/CFS, do I need to fill in a form to request this or is it all done on the initial first telephone call. Many thanks.

Claimants normally have four weeks to complete the PIP2 form about their conditions, this can be extended to six weeks by the DWP at their discretion if the claimant can show that they would have problems completing the form. At this time we have no data relating to how often an extension is granted, if one is not detailed on the covering letter that comes with the form you must return the form by the required date in order to continue with your claim.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more details of the process.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121498 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic PIP - Claim
I need to telephone DWP today regarding new claim to hopefully transfer me from DLA mobility high rate which i have been receiving for the last 17 years or so to this new PIP scheme, am i right in saying that i can request extra time to fill in these forms if i suffer with anxiety and depression and also memory problems and poor concentration due to ME/CFS. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121502 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP - Claim
Hi Dd,

As you can see, your question has already been answered on the topic you started the other day. Please try to keep everything in one place and not duplicate queries as it takes up more moderator otherwise :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121506 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic PIP - Claim
I do apologise but unfortunately as previously stated the other day for some reason when i log in i cannot see any of my previous posts or replies so i have no idea what the reply was. Gordon did say that there was a problem that people could not see their posts.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121509 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP - Claim
I understand your problem, although your previous query was easily found on the second page of the forum.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.