× Members

Medial report

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121537 by princess tamina
Medial report was created by princess tamina
I received a copy of my PIP medical report and under the section 'evidence considered in formulating advice' it said:

Questionnaire
FMO

I contacted the DWP followed by ATOS, neither of whom knew what FMO meant, but both assumed it was a typo (even though mentioned elsewhere in the report) and should be FME.

I asked the DWP why the health professional hadn't listed the evidence used in his decision making, and their reply was 'he will have looked at everything you have sent to us'. If he doesn't list the evidence, how does anyone know what he has or hasn't looked at? The DWP might have sent it to him, but it doesn't mean he has looked at it, if he hasn't submitted a list.

I have Asperger's/depression/anxiety and the report makes no mention anywhere of Asperger's and under 'mental state' it says 'not examined'. Is the HP supposed to address that section for someone with mental health problems?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121539 by princess tamina
Replied by princess tamina on topic Medical report
Sorry, it should say medical!

More
9 years 11 months ago #121542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medial report
PT

If you are looking to challenge the Decision not to award you PIP then you need to concentrate on showing why you meet the criteria, I'm not suggesting that you ignore the medical report but it is far easier for you to show that it is incorrect by explaining your limitations and showing that the report has not taken these into account than "attacking" the report directly.

I can understand how frustrating it is when you doubt that all of your medical evidence was read and where a specific diagnosis has been ignore, but you are not going to get a definitive statement as to whether it was or not and the DWP Decision Maker is going to accept that it is correct and complete, unless you can show that this is not the case. One of the ways you can do this is to show that you meet certain Descriptors and that this is supported by your medical evidence.

I can't tell from your join date whether you were able to complete the PIP2 form using our guide or not, but even if you did it is worth your going back to it to see how you would complete the form in the light of the comments on the medical report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: princess tamina

More
9 years 11 months ago #121544 by princess tamina
Replied by princess tamina on topic Medial report
Hi Gordon

I joined after I had sent in my PIP application, but will do as you suggested.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.