× Members

Blue badge advice please.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121670 by Carper
Blue badge advice please. was created by Carper
I have recently been for an assessment and am 95% sure I failed it. The assessor spent a lot of time at the end saying if I failed I could appeal and if I got any worse I could apply again etc

The problem I think was that the assessor knew nothing of my disease and how it affects me at different times in the day.

I had a fairly early appointment in the day and as I stayed in bed as long as possible that morning I was able to walk a way (About 20m) when asked.

The assessor wasn't interested in what I had to say about the fact I wouldn't be able to do that later in the day and only how I was feeling there and then.

I think I will fail because of how far I walked and how I felt at the time. Later in the day after being out (Mostly in my wheelchair) for two more hours I was unable to walk without severe pain and discomfort and had to go to bed for the rest of the afternoon and night.

Advice please?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #121672 by
Replied by on topic Blue badge advice please.

Carper wrote: I have recently been for an assessment and am 95% sure I failed it. The assessor spent a lot of time at the end saying if I failed I could appeal and if I got any worse I could apply again etc

The problem I think was that the assessor knew nothing of my disease and how it affects me at different times in the day.

I had a fairly early appointment in the day and as I stayed in bed as long as possible that morning I was able to walk a way (About 20m) when asked.

The assessor wasn't interested in what I had to say about the fact I wouldn't be able to do that later in the day and only how I was feeling there and then.

I think I will fail because of how far I walked and how I felt at the time. Later in the day after being out (Mostly in my wheelchair) for two more hours I was unable to walk without severe pain and discomfort and had to go to bed for the rest of the afternoon and night.

Advice please?

Hi C,

I am afraid that we cannot really give any meaningful advice until you receive a decision from The DWP.

If, as I assume, this was a PIP assessment, there is information on PIP and entitlement to a Blue Badge :

Here.

&

Here.

As you will see, if you score 8 points or more on the PIP "Moving Around" Activity, you automatically qualify for a Blue Badge.

bro58

9 years 11 months ago #121677 by
Hi C,

If your query is regarding PIP, in-site information on PIP can be found on the links below :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

Please keep us updated, and reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

More
9 years 11 months ago #121680 by Carper
Replied by Carper on topic Blue badge advice please.
Hi, I'm sorry to have misled you, although I am awaiting a PIP assessment I decided to go for a blue badge assessment at my local council offices rather than wait to see if I was automatically eligible via PIP mobility..
The following user(s) said Thank You:

9 years 11 months ago #121683 by

Carper wrote: Hi, I'm sorry to have misled you, although I am awaiting a PIP assessment I decided to go for a blue badge assessment at my local council offices rather than wait to see if I was automatically eligible via PIP mobility..

Hi C,

No problem, :)

Again, you cannot really do much until you receive a decision from the council.

You should receive information regarding your rights to review/appeal with the decision.

Hopefully, you will receive a positive decision.

Please let us know.

bro58

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 11 months ago #121685 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Blue badge advice please.

Carper wrote: Hi, I'm sorry to have misled you, although I am awaiting a PIP assessment I decided to go for a blue badge assessment at my local council offices rather than wait to see if I was automatically eligible via PIP mobility..

There is a fully up-to-date guide on Blue Badges in the Spotlights area of the forum : Blue Badge Application -Guidance notes

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carper

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.