× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Request - NO REPLY

• Karen
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121671 by Karen
Hi there

I hope somebody can help me sort this situation out once and for all :blink: In January 2014 I wrote to DWP to request a Mandatory Reconsideration of their decision to place me in the WRAG and not the Support Group. I also wrote to them regarding a Subject Access Request asking them to provide me with all the information they have relating to my case. As I had not received a reply or telephone call from them by 16 April 2014 I sent them a reminder with copies of the previous letters via Recorded Delivery postage.

I have still not had a reply or a telephone call to let me know that they are dealing with my request. I am on the verge of giving up literally as there is not a day goes by when I am not thinking about what will happen when my benefits cease in December of this year.

Is there anybody else here who is experiencing the same delays and if so can you suggest anything that would help me move forward with this.

Thank you any and all help will be gratefully received.

Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121673 by Gordon
KAren

Are you able to phone the DWP?

We always encourage members to write to the DWP with their requests as it provides a reasonably easy to prove audit trail, but it does have the disadvantage of not providing an immediate answer,

If you can phone them then you at least have some idea as to what is going on, if you can't then there are two things you can do.

In regard the SAR, the DWP have 40 calendar days to respond, they are clearly outside of this on both the original letter and the reminder, you are now entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

As to the MR, raise the issue with you MP, whilst the DWP are not required to acknowledge receipt of an MR request, part of the process is for a DM to phone the claimant, also, the alleged target for MRs is two weeks.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

More
9 years 11 months ago #121753 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Request - NO REPLY
I complained to the information commissioner (having got no response to a SAR made in January)and it did finally get the DWP to send the info I had asked for, but it took 5/6 weeks from the date I complained.

The ICO said they wouldn't take any further action against the DWP as they were satisfied it was an 'isolated oversight'. So if you've got the energy, I would recommend you complain. It's fairly straightforward by email.

These delays just compound the agony, I do sympathise. All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.