× Members

Psychological distress

More
9 years 11 months ago #121742 by Bryando
Psychological distress was created by Bryando
What is meant by this, taking from the PIP Test on here:

Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either - (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
(ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points

More the overwhelming psychological distress.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121744 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Psychological distress

Charlie123 wrote: What is meant by this, taking from the PIP Test on here:

Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either - (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
(ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points

More the overwhelming psychological distress.

Thanks

The legal definition is

What is ‘psychological distress’ for the purpose of personal independence payment (PIP)?

In more simple terms, do you have a panic attack when you meet with someone else, is it so distressing for you that you are unable converse with them, are you unable to control your response to other people so you would likely cause offence.

There are more examples in the PIP Guide page 45.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

More
9 years 11 months ago #121746 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic Psychological distress
More than one I have major problems. I am beyond panic attack. More, plan in my head how to end the threat!

More
9 years 11 months ago #121747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Psychological distress

Charlie123 wrote: More than one I have major problems. I am beyond panic attack. More, plan in my head how to end the threat!

These are things to report on the form.

Remember the formula is;

- what causes the problem
- how it affects you
- do you need help to manage
- when does it affect you
- if it varies, how often or under what circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121749 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic Psychological distress
Food for thought!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.