× Members

New Forum Software

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121755 by Gordon
New Forum Software was created by Gordon
Top all members.

Over the weekend the forum software was updated.

First, we would like to apologise for the site being unavailable for most of the weekend, the changeover proved to be more complicated than anticipated.

We've been testing it for some time, but as with any software change of this magnitude it is possible that some problems have crept into the system, it will help use to help you, if you let us know about any problems you have in using the forum and the guides over the next couple of days.

You can use this topic as a central place to report problems. so that members can check whether a problem has already been reported so that we avoid duplication where possible.

One problem that we thought that was fixed but has re-appeared on the new system :) is a large red information box that appears when you create or reply to a post, we are working to get rid of this but in the interim, the easiest way to get rid of this box is to refresh your browser by pressing F5.

Thank you

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121758 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New Forum Software
I'm afraid I have just spotted another one.

The text and forum code buttons are missing when a new post is created, for the moment you will need to use plain text with no formatting in your posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121765 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New Forum Software
New software, I like it so far. :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #121811 by Deb.hewson
Replied by Deb.hewson on topic New Forum Software
I'm using a kindle hd fire and keep getting a system message about the browser not being recognised.

Anybody else getting this

More
9 years 10 months ago #121812 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic New Forum Software
Yes im using iphone 5 and getting same message as above. Hope it can be sorted as i love the site on my phone.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New Forum Software

D.e.b wrote: I'm using a kindle hd fire and keep getting a system message about the browser not being recognised.

Anybody else getting this

Are you using the default Silk browser on your kindle?

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.