× Members

Appeal in progress but been sent an appointment.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121766 by Deansandra
Hi All.

I am appealing against being placed in the employment support group however I have been sent an appointment to see a personal advisor. Do I have to attend this appointment even though I am going through the appeal procedure?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dean.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121768 by Gordon

Dean wrote: Hi All.

I am appealing against being placed in the employment support group however I have been sent an appointment to see a personal advisor. Do I have to attend this appointment even though I am going through the appeal procedure?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dean.

I'm afraid while you remain in the WRAG you are required to participate in WFIs and Work Related Activity, if you have not already been forwarded to the Work Programme then your appealing should prevent this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago #121769 by bro58
Hi D,

Just to reiterate what Gordon has advised :

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

It is highly possible that The JCP Adviser is unaware that you have appealed to gain entry to The SG.

A quick phone call to the adviser may clarify the issue.

bro58

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121770 by Deansandra
Replied by Deansandra on topic Appeal in progress but been sent an appointment.
Thank you Gordon. And if I refuse to go due to my ill health what is the worst that can happen? If the answer is they will stop my money, do I get it back once I win my appeal?

Kind regards,

Dean
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121774 by Gordon

Dean wrote: Thank you Gordon. And if I refuse to go due to my ill health what is the worst that can happen? If the answer is they will stop my money, do I get it back once I win my appeal?

Kind regards,

Dean

They can sanction the Personal Allowance part of your ESA payment, currently £72.40/week until the requirement is met, see

ESA Sanctions

If you are placed in the Support Group then the sanction will be removed and any missed money should be re-paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deansandra

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.