× Members

What typically happens - ESA review?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121778 by PL
I claim ESA and was placed in the WRAG(with mental health issues) two years ago. I was told that my ESA WRAG placement would last two years and so now I'm dreading a potential review. What typically happens when someones ESA is reviewed? Do I have to fill in the same form(ESA50?) explaining there has been no improvement in my health or attend a medical(didn't have one last time)? Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121779 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic What typically happens - ESA review?

PL wrote: I claim ESA and was placed in the WRAG(with mental health issues) two years ago. I was told that my ESA WRAG placement would last two years and so now I'm dreading a potential review. What typically happens when someones ESA is reviewed? Do I have to fill in the same form(ESA50?) explaining there has been no improvement in my health or attend a medical(didn't have one last time)? Thanks in advance.

Hi PL,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

In nearly all circumstances, a new ESA50 will be issued with a review/reassessment.

At present, reassessments for current ESA recipients have been deferred, and you can read our News Article on this : Here.

Therefore, you may not be reassessed in the near future, it may be deferred to a later date.

When your time for reassessment does arrive, you should treat the ESA50 as if it was your first, and not assume that the assessor will have any prior knowledge of your medical conditions and resulting limitations.

Further, you should be aware that The ESA50 and qualifying legislation has changed since May/June 2012.

Therefore, you should consult our ESA Guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

When the time comes.

You could also consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire, next time round.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.