× Members

Atos assessment

• K8
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121828 by K8
Atos assessment was created by K8
Hi,

I have started my PIP claim so have completed the form, returned it ad received a letter from Atos saying they have received my form. They did say that if I require an assessment there is currently about a 16 week wait to get an appointment.

I had though that they might write to me giving me an appointment time and date for a few months in the future. Instead I have heard nothing at all since they received my form. I am now not sure whether they will send me an appointment time/date with little notice or whether it may have got overlooked. How long do people think I should leave it before chasing them for feedback?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121830 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Atos assessment
I think it is more likely they will contact you nearer the time but should hopefully give you at least a couple of weeks notice. If you haven't heard anything by the approx deadline they gave you then I would definitely contact them.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121831 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos assessment

K8 wrote: Hi,

I have started my PIP claim so have completed the form, returned it ad received a letter from Atos saying they have received my form. They did say that if I require an assessment there is currently about a 16 week wait to get an appointment.

I had though that they might write to me giving me an appointment time and date for a few months in the future. Instead I have heard nothing at all since they received my form. I am now not sure whether they will send me an appointment time/date with little notice or whether it may have got overlooked. How long do people think I should leave it before chasing them for feedback?

Thanks

ATOS have to give you one weeks written notice of an appointment, although this includes time spent in the post, they usually book appointments with a rolling three week lead time, so based on the 15 weeks you were quoted I would not expect an appointment letter before week 11, however, this assumes that their estimate of 15 weeks was correct in the first place, which feedback from the forum suggests is unlikely.

Your best bet is to contact ATOS for an update

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• K8
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121833 by K8
Replied by K8 on topic Atos assessment
Thanks for the replies - I will leave it for a couple more weeks. If I don't hear anything a couple of weeks before the deadline they gave me then I will contact them and see what they say. I'm glad my post made sense because I didn;t seem to be writing in English when I read it back to myself!!!!! :ohmy:

• Kieran
9 years 11 months ago #121856 by Kieran
Replied by Kieran on topic Atos assessment
Hi there,

My partner started her claim on the 31st of july 2013. We literally just had our interview last week. In the end, I had to call them and request speaking to a manager and the next day a manager called back with an appointment. Don't let them fob you off!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.