× Members

dla

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121870 by rayk
dla was created by rayk
i was not due for my DLA renewal untill end of september. I got a invite to renew begining of may so filled it in and sent it back with the help of your wonderful site and have had a reply saying they have awarded me high rate care from middle rate and high mobilty whice i won after going to tribunal.they have awarded me from the 15/05/14 for two years should it not be from the end of september ? when my last award was till. I cant understand why it is for only two years when my tribunal award was for 3 years and also i turn 65 early next year so why not longer as my condition will and is getting worst as i get older and there is no chance of me getting better. Thank you for all the help this forum give all the people who help do a fantastic job god bless you all :)
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121874 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dla
Hi Rayk, that is good news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about our site :)

It seems that there is little consistency regarding when the new award is dated from. My own DLA award was reduced at the last assessment and that did not take effect until after the previous award should have finished. However, as yours has been increased I'm sure you are not objecting to the fact that it has taken effect sooner :)

This new decision supercedes the one made by the tribunal. You could appeal against the length of the award - but you could risk losing what you already have if you do that. I don't know why you were not given a longer award - maybe the proposed migration to PIP was in the Decision Maker's mind.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.