× Members

Answering the moving around question re ESA

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121877 by davbam
Hi all,

I think my wife id due for another ESA review soon so I am starting to fill in the ESA50 now rather than leave it for the usual panic when it arrives. She is currently in the support group following a transfer from IB and a tribunal 2 years ago.

The new version has the 50 meter or more tick boxes for movement, as opposed to the old one that had the at least 50 meters option. Before my wife answered 'No' to that question as she cannot walk any distance without help using an elbow crutch, as she has significant pain when she tries to mobilise and is likely to fall over, as she has little or no feeling in her right leg. She mainly uses a wheelchair in and out of the house, but cannot self propel as it causes her spine to go into spasm, which in turn causes significant pain and nausea. Her right arm is also very weak. I am her full time carer and always propel her wheelchair.

My question is which box does she tick now as she cannot move 50 meters. At best it is a few meters with help and a crutch inside the house and she does not self propel the wheelchair at all as above. Is it a case of leaving it blank and putting the above comments in the box in that section?

Thanks as always in advance for any help. :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121878 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Answering the moving around question re ESA
You are absolutely correct! If none of the boxes accurately reflect your wife's limitations then you should leave the boxes unticked and explain the situation in the text box.

You might have heard recently that many routine assessments have been suspended for the time being, so it is not certain when your wife will be reassessed.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121881 by davbam
Replied by davbam on topic Answering the moving around question re ESA
Many thanks for the reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.