× Members

More Atos.....

• K8
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121912 by K8
More Atos..... was created by K8
Hi,

After my post the other day and the replies saying I should get a weeks notice of an Atos assessment.....

I am going on holiday for two weeks in September. If I am only to get a weeks notice of an assessment what happens if the appointment arrives while I am on holiday and the appointment is booked for before I return?

Also, if I get an appointment through before my holiday for one of the days I am away will I be able to reschedule?

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121915 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic More Atos.....
K8

Our recommendation for people going away on holiday is for them to notify the DWP that they will be away from their normal place of residence.

If you miss an appointment then you will be classed as a no-show, if this is a first "offence" then ATOS should re-arrange the appointment, however, if it is a second then they will return your file to the DWP for them to decide whether to close the claim.

You can re-arrange an appointment once.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bottleofbest
9 years 10 months ago #121917 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic More Atos.....
You are allowed to reschedule, but I believe it is only once. At least this is what I was told in my Atos handbook when I got my appointment through. It has to be a valid reason. I would be careful not to advise them of your holiday as this could possibly be counted against you.

• K8
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #121918 by K8
Replied by K8 on topic More Atos.....
Thanks Gordon, I'm just a bit concerned that it will arrive very early in my holiday for an appointment late in my holiday and I will miss it without even knowing about it. I will notify DWP about it this afternoon so hopefully this won't happen!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.