× Members

DLA decision of award

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121986 by tonyosguthorpe
DLA decision of award was created by tonyosguthorpe
Hello to everyone. I recently received my award of DLA of HRM and low rate care, I did factor that my care rate should be middle rate based on the particulars of my disability.

Would appreciate advice on this as in the award letter the decision maker states that she can not consider any help needed preparing a cooked meal the rationale being that she has awarded me for day attention. Like wise she goes on to say that again that has she awarded me for day attention she cant consider any supervising that i may need during the day. She estimates that my care with suitable aids is for now longer that one hour. and not several times through the night only once of 20 mins.

I am also in the support group of ESA and without giving specific details i have Fibromyalgia Chronic pain and Fatigue. IBS and severe depression as a result of trauma from injuries sustained in a number of car accidents where i was the innocent party.

My daily attention care needs are numerous to the point where the award for mobillity is spot on yet i have serious panic and anxiety issues as a result. I find social activities are some thing to be avoided at all costs now.

Thanks for your patience reading this far.

My questions is if i apply for a statement of reasons for the decision will it stop my DLA and be considered as a Mandatory decision? My welfare rights worker has said leave well alone, and has proven to be a real gem and good advisor to date. If anyone can advise if would be really helpful.

Finally I want to extend my greatful thanks and gratitude to the moderators and all those who work behind the scenes at B and W as well as the wonderful people who post on here with some really helpful advice. many thanks to you all.

Kind regards
Traf
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago #121994 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA decision of award

tonyraf wrote: Hello to everyone. I recently received my award of DLA of HRM and low rate care, I did factor that my care rate should be middle rate based on the particulars of my disability.

Would appreciate advice on this as in the award letter the decision maker states that she can not consider any help needed preparing a cooked meal the rationale being that she has awarded me for day attention. Like wise she goes on to say that again that has she awarded me for day attention she cant consider any supervising that i may need during the day. She estimates that my care with suitable aids is for now longer that one hour. and not several times through the night only once of 20 mins.

I am also in the support group of ESA and without giving specific details i have Fibromyalgia Chronic pain and Fatigue. IBS and severe depression as a result of trauma from injuries sustained in a number of car accidents where i was the innocent party.

My daily attention care needs are numerous to the point where the award for mobillity is spot on yet i have serious panic and anxiety issues as a result. I find social activities are some thing to be avoided at all costs now.

Thanks for your patience reading this far.

My questions is if i apply for a statement of reasons for the decision will it stop my DLA and be considered as a Mandatory decision? My welfare rights worker has said leave well alone, and has proven to be a real gem and good advisor to date. If anyone can advise if would be really helpful.

Finally I want to extend my greatful thanks and gratitude to the moderators and all those who work behind the scenes at B and W as well as the wonderful people who post on here with some really helpful advice. many thanks to you all.

Kind regards
Traf

Hi tr,

Congratulations on your DLA awards !! :cheer:

You can request copies of the medical reports and documentation used in coming to the The DLA awards decision.

This should not be classed as a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the decision.

You can make a request for "Personal Information" by issuing a SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998 :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

You should address any SAR : FAO The Data Controller, at the benefits office address on your DLA letters.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.