× Members

Onus on claimant

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121990 by neptuno
Onus on claimant was created by neptuno
Is it he onus always on the claimant to chase the assessors and DMs. ? Even though I feel lost in the system officials tell me it's ok and not to worry ! But I do worry and the weeks keep rolling by ....
How can I get a straight answer from somebody ???
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #121991 by
Replied by on topic Onus on claimant

neptuno wrote: Is it he onus always on the claimant to chase the assessors and DMs. ? Even though I feel lost in the system officials tell me it's ok and not to worry ! But I do worry and the weeks keep rolling by ....
How can I get a straight answer from somebody ???

Hi n,

Unfortunately it seems that it is.

We have to work under the premise that "it is the squeaky hinge that gets oiled".

Your M.P. may be able to help.

You can contact them here by e-mail :

Contacting your MP

Or find out the contact details of their local surgery, they usually have "case workers" who can make inquiries on your behalf.

bro58

More
9 years 10 months ago #121992 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Onus on claimant
Part of the problem seems to be that the call centre workers are often poorly trained but prefer to make something up rather than admit that they don't know!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #121993 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic Onus on claimant
I think you're right Mrs H :angry:

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122027 by Patel
Replied by Patel on topic Onus on claimant
Same predicament. Now 14 months gone since ESA50 renewal forms submitted.
Worried and concerned !! Yes. What to do?. I know advice given. Prefer to leave onus on them.( cant be penalised for non contact on my part). Am i in right path?
Regards
Patel
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

9 years 10 months ago #122029 by
Replied by on topic Onus on claimant

Patel wrote: Same predicament. Now 14 months gone since ESA50 renewal forms submitted.
Worried and concerned !! Yes. What to do?. I know advice given. Prefer to leave onus on them.( cant be penalised for non contact on my part). Am i in right path?
Regards
Patel

Hi P,

I can only reiterate the advice that I have given you previously :

"In theory, all ESA awards are indefinite, so as long as the ESA50 was returned within the given deadline, you will continue to receive your current award of ESA until you are reassessed."

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...0354&start=12#121281

You have fulfilled your obligation in the reassessment process by returning the ESA50 by the given deadline date.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.