× Members

ppi

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121998 by ridgewood
ppi was created by ridgewood
Good evening mods
I seem to remember reading a post regarding PPI, I am in receipt of esa sg IR I have received £400 ppi
if I remember correctly your reply was 'it is not considered as earned income' so can be kept, I would just
like to clarify that I remembered correctly, hope so
Thankyou
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122001 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ppi

rapheal wrote: Good evening mods
I seem to remember reading a post regarding PPI, I am in receipt of esa sg IR I have received £400 ppi
if I remember correctly your reply was 'it is not considered as earned income' so can be kept, I would just
like to clarify that I remembered correctly, hope so
Thankyou

I can't find any previous post on this subject (doesn't mean there isn't one), but we are normally very careful in our advice when it relates to finances as the rules in this area are extremely complicated and it easy to make an error.

So, I can't specifically state that it is not counted as income, but would not expect it to be, however, I would expect it to count as capital. As the payment is relatively small and a one-off I would not expect the DWP to chase you about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122003 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic ppi
Thanks Gordon, not sure what I ought to do now? maybe should inform them, I recently
was privileged to find that that my payments had been stopped, because as they stated 'I had failed to inform them of change of address' I had done this in writing, and sent it recorded delivery, but was
still sanctioned for 6 weeks, I did receive back pay eventually, funny though how they managed to send me a letter in the intervening period, and then to state they had not received my letter.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122004 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ppi

rapheal wrote: Thanks Gordon, not sure what I ought to do now? maybe should inform them, I recently
was privileged to find that that my payments had been stopped, because as they stated 'I had failed to inform them of change of address' I had done this in writing, and sent it recorded delivery, but was
still sanctioned for 6 weeks, I did receive back pay eventually, funny though how they managed to send me a letter in the intervening period, and then to state they had not received my letter.

We can't give a definitive answer of whether it is disregarded or not, whilst informing the DWP can cause its own problems the ones associated with not doing so are usually much worse.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ridgewood

More
9 years 10 months ago #122006 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic ppi
Thanks Gordon I have just found the post I was after, it was 1 month 4 weeks ago by teabag. Bro 58 answered the post.
Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.