× Members

I've had a copy of my Pip report.

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122022 by bottleofbest
I've had a copy of my Pip report. was created by bottleofbest
I had a copy of my Pip assessment before a decision is made, which came on Saturday and the report is very good and I am very happy with it, but there a couple of discrepancies were she says one thing in the report that supports me, but then has scored me incorrectly. Otherwise the report is very thorough.

My question is; is it possible to speak with the DM at the dwp and point out the discrepancies to them and ask them to look at it themselves in the hope that they will award me points? I don't want to run the risk of the DM not noticing them and either sticking with the suggestion of Standard care and Standard Mobility or even lowering it. I have 8 points for care and 8 points for Mobility and on both I should get at least another four.

Thanks

Guy
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122024 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I've had a copy of my Pip report.
BoB

This is uncharted territory, previously it was virtually impossible to get hold of a copy the assessment report prior to a Decision on the claim being made, however, this seems to be common for PIP claims.

I have no idea how it will be received, but it can do no damage and may very well be to your advantage to write to the DWP with the points you have raised in your post, mark you letter for the attention of the Decision Maker and send it to the office dealing with your PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122032 by lmjones
Replied by lmjones on topic I've had a copy of my Pip report.
Hi there this is all very interesting to me. Can I ask who did the assessment and did you have a f2f if so how long ago was it ? Regards

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #122036 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic I've had a copy of my Pip report.

lmj63 wrote: Hi there this is all very interesting to me. Can I ask who did the assessment and did you have a f2f if so how long ago was it ? Regards

Hi there. I had my assessment on the 16th May with capita. The nurse was lovely. It lasted about an hour.

Im concerned that if I put it in writing it will get to the dm too late.
I've since called the dwp and the advisor wrote down my points and said she will email the dm with the points I raised. I couldn't speak to her directly.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122038 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I've had a copy of my Pip report.

bottleofbest wrote: Hi there. I had my assessment on the 16th May with capita. The nurse was lovely. It lasted about an hour.

Im concerned that if I put it in writing it will get to the dm too late.
I've since called the dwp and the advisor wrote down my points and said she will email the dm with the points I raised. I couldn't speak to her directly.

We recommend that all telephone conversations where there is an action either on the DWP or the claimant are followed up in writing so that there is a referenceable audit trail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #122041 by Anon1955
Replied by Anon1955 on topic I've had a copy of my Pip report.
Hi all.
The official notification letter of my PIP claim came in the post today.
On studying the DM reasons for their decision I was very surprised that their scoring was in fact more "generous" than the HP.
Daily Living Score HP = 8 points
Daily Living Score DM = 11 points (bugger)!

Mobility Score HP = 12 points
Mobility Score DM = 15 points

The DM scores do seem to more closely interpret what has been written in the report and it does not make any difference to the award but I thought I would share for future reference.

Good Luck All!
Steve.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.