× Members

ESA re assessment waiting time.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122049 by Noodles
ESA re assessment waiting time. was created by Noodles
I re applied for ESA for my husband who already had Support group status without the need for any W CA way back in January 2014. Form was sent in Jan 20 and still not heard a thing ? We both put a lot of hard work into this latest ESA 50 forms and was wondering if this kind wait is normal now ?

:unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122050 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA re assessment waiting time.
I'm sorry that your husband is having to wait so long, I'm afraid that this is far from unusual at the moment with both ATOS and DWP having built up huge backlogs. The only way of knowing for sure is to contact ATOS and/or DWP to see what is happening.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122052 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic ESA re assessment waiting time.
Hi Mrs HB,

Thanks for th quick reply.

We will sit this one out then.

Hubby sadly now has Alzheimer's disease as well as his chronic Arthritis which is tearing me apart. We mentioned this in his latest ESA 50 form,hopefully we don't get called in for a face to face as hubby cannot remember what day it is anymore let alone answering all what would be expected of him even with my help. :(

Fingers crossed.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122058 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA re assessment waiting time.
I'm am sorry to hear of your husband's problems. If these have worsened since you filled in the form in January, you can write to ATOS and DWP and tell them about this before a decision is made.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.