× Members

ESA FItnote

• Dawn
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122078 by Dawn
ESA FItnote was created by Dawn
I have recently sent an ESA appeal to the HMCTS and I know I need to send in a fit-note to the Dwp. Will the DWP request this, or should I send in the fit-note anyway? And where should I send it? The same part of the DWP that has been dealing with the WCA and Manditory Reconsideration, or the job centre?

I am not claiming JSA at the moment, will the assessment rate ESA be back dated until 1st May when my benefit was stopped?

Thanks for your help guys, it all very confusing to get through sometimes!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA FItnote

Dawn wrote: I have recently sent an ESA appeal to the HMCTS and I know I need to send in a fit-note to the Dwp. Will the DWP request this, or should I send in the fit-note anyway? And where should I send it? The same part of the DWP that has been dealing with the WCA and Manditory Reconsideration, or the job centre?

I am not claiming JSA at the moment, will the assessment rate ESA be back dated until 1st May when my benefit was stopped?

Thanks for your help guys, it all very confusing to get through sometimes!

If you have not claimed JSA while you waited for your MR to complete then you should be entitled to the ESA Assessment rate for the period since your ESA was stopped, providing you can provide a Fit Note covering that period.

The DWP should re-instate your ESA once they have received details of the appeal from HM Courts and Tribunal Service, but I would recommend writing to the DWP office that dealt with your MR requesting that payments be re-instated, to make sure you cover the bases.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dawn
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122081 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic ESA FItnote
Fingers crossed it will be back dated.

I shall send the fit note tomorrow.

Another problem I have had is getting hold of the F2F assessment report from the WCA. I have written to the DWP three times, and nothing. I have used their summary only to put together the MR and appeal. Any hints on how to get this? Maybe get my MP involved?

D x
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122082 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA FItnote
I would send/take fit notes to the jobcentre plus office that deals with your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nanaaggie

More
9 years 10 months ago #122083 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA FItnote

Dawn wrote: Fingers crossed it will be back dated.

I shall send the fit note tomorrow.

Another problem I have had is getting hold of the F2F assessment report from the WCA. I have written to the DWP three times, and nothing. I have used their summary only to put together the MR and appeal. Any hints on how to get this? Maybe get my MP involved?

D x

You should make a Subject Access Request for the information. See

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

The following has a list of the documents likely to have been used in the making of the Decision

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dawn
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122084 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic ESA FItnote
Thanks puccalove, I really don't know which jobcentre plus office deals with my claim, just a DWP address St. Helens benefit centre, Wolverhampton.

My nearest jobcentre is Alnwick.

Thanks Gordon, I'll look at the document request form tomorrow.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.