× Members

Fit note

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122142 by sha1971
Fit note was created by sha1971
My doctor gave me a fit note med 3 form last may 2013, where it says how long for, my doctor has put on-going,
I have been waiting 12 months exactly for them to look at my Esa50 form , I was wondering if I should get a new fit note to keep things up to date, I don't want to bother my doctor unnecessarily
I am being transferred from ib to esa,
also neither my GP or my Psychiatrist has been contacted by Atos yet so im guessing this means nothing is happrnig and im still in backlog ,
I have sent detailed reports along from them both listing my conditions, how they affect me ,medication etc, which they kindly did free of charge , I was wondering if I have new reports done with a recent date
im trying new type medication as of this week plus they have put me on highest dose of anti psychotic med ,olanzapine .
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122145 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Fit note
Hi AM,

If you are currently on IB then you do not need a sick note (now called 'fit notes'), you will not have to do so unless you are found 'fit for work' at this assessment.

DWP/ATOS are not obliged to contact the medical professionals who care for you, they only do this in aprox 25% of cases, so you should provide any evidence that you think might help. If your condition has worsened since the last medical report then it will be worth informing both DWP and ATOS of this.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

It has recently been anounced that there are 700,000 people in the queue for assessment so there is no way of knowing how much longer you will have to wait. You can phone ATOS and ask if you wish, but I wouldn't guarantee that the reply will be accurate.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.