× Members

Can I miss my ESA WRAG appointment at JobCentre?

• CatherineS
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122191 by CatherineS
I have relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Have been off work since 2005, and when I changed from IB to ESA, they first put me in the WRAG group so I appealed. I eventually won and was put in the support group at the end of 2011.

I was sent a new form to fill in early this year, heard nothing, then suddenly a couple of weeks ago I got a letter telling me I have been put back in the WRAG group and I have to attend a work-focused interview at Job Centre.

I have followed the advice on this forum and have written to them asking for a mandatory reconsideration, but obviously I have heard nothing back yet, and the interview is looming this Wednesday.

What will happen if I call in to cancel the meeting? I live in a rural town that has no job centre, so will have to travel one hour on a bus to get there, and I am feeling very stressed and anxious which is causing me to start feeling "relapsy". Help! :unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122192 by bro58

CatherineS wrote: I have relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Have been off work since 2005, and when I changed from IB to ESA, they first put me in the WRAG group so I appealed. I eventually won and was put in the support group at the end of 2011.

I was sent a new form to fill in early this year, heard nothing, then suddenly a couple of weeks ago I got a letter telling me I have been put back in the WRAG group and I have to attend a work-focused interview at Job Centre.

I have followed the advice on this forum and have written to them asking for a mandatory reconsideration, but obviously I have heard nothing back yet, and the interview is looming this Wednesday.

What will happen if I call in to cancel the meeting? I live in a rural town that has no job centre, so will have to travel one hour on a bus to get there, and I am feeling very stressed and anxious which is causing me to start feeling "relapsy". Help! :unsure:

Hi CS,

My best advice would be to contact the JCP Adviser regarding The WFI.

You can inform them of your predicament, and that you have requested an MR to gain access to The SG.

WFI's can be deferred, carried out over the phone, or even in a claimant's home.

So the JCP Adviser may agree to one of these options, unfortunately, you can not insist on any of the options.

If you can gain a letter of support from your G.P. regarding your non-attendance this may help further.

You can be compelled to take part in WFI's under threat of sanction for non-compliance, however they are supposed to take into account your medical conditions and resulting limitations, and make Reasonable Adjustments where required.

Even though you may have to attend WFI's, you should not be put forward to a Works Programme Provider.

See : Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

&

Changes to ESA Sanctions

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago #122193 by bro58
Hi CS,

Here is further information on : ESA Sanctions.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris