× Members

I Don't exist anymore

• sandra phillips
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122237 by sandra phillips
I Don't exist anymore was created by sandra phillips
Could someone point me in the right direction,was on IB for many years,transferred to contribution based ESA.That has now run out,because i have a partner who works more than 22 hours,i don't get any help at all,how can this be right.I do get DLA but this is used for my care package and a mobility car.I have to buy prescription card otherwise i can't afford it i have 16 prescriptions a month,have to cancel dental and eyecare as i can't afford it as i have to extra tests and examinations due to health and meds.My partner has too pay for everything even things for my grandchildren.I used to go to an Art group but now can't as i've got to pay.If i was well i could claim JSA,but i will never be able to work again.One piece of advice i was given was get rid of partner,great hey,then i would be able to claim everything going.It makes me mad that people on JSA can get free prescriptions,when i'm sick and can't,rent paid etc.Sorry for moaning.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122242 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic I Don't exist anymore
Hello and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Are you aware that your real name is showing? Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain an element of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am so sorry that you are going through this. The government support the time-limiting of Contributory WRAG by asking whether it is reasonable for the state to be supporting people who have many thousands of £ in savings or partners earning large amounts. They don't mention the many people like yourself who have just more than you are judged to need to survive.

You might be able to get help with dental and optical treatments on the grounds of low income, you would need to complete form HC1 ( I think) to apply for this. In addition, your husband might be entitled to working tax credit or suchlike, the turn2us website is helpful for these matters.

www.turn2us.org.uk/

Although no longer being paid ESA, NI credits will be made on your behalf which will count towards your state pension. Your ESA will be reassessed periodically and payment would restart if you were allocated to the Support Group at any stage in the future.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.