× Members

ESA Re referrals

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122238 by citymike
ESA Re referrals was created by citymike
I am a bit confused by the term re referrals.
I am in Support Group and should have been reassessed in Oct 2013 but as yet I have not heard anything.
When do you think I will hear anything
CM
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122240 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Re referrals

citymike wrote: I am a bit confused by the term re referrals.
I am in Support Group and should have been reassessed in Oct 2013 but as yet I have not heard anything.
When do you think I will hear anything
CM

I am afraid there is no way that we can give you any idea when you might be re-assessed.

There are apparently 700,000 ESA assessments outstanding at the moment so the DWP suspended re-assessments in January, however, there is clearly going to be considerable regional variation in the queues and they will be looking to restart re-assessments as soon as they can, albeit in a limited form.

Bottom line is that you might receive a new ESA50 next week or next year, all we can recommend is that you are prepared for it when it does actually arise.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #122251 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic ESA Re referrals
Citymike / Gordon
I am in a simular position to youself Citymike, I was told that I would get a esa50 in or around August 2013 but it never came, stupid me, I thought, wonder if I was the one that got away !!! maybe a computer error.
This was before all the news came to light about the massive backlog as they coulden't hide it any longer.
I am thinking that the cut off date early this year maybe claiments that were due after this cut off date will get a reprive but us that were due for a review prior to the cut off date will be in a pile at atos waiting for the esa50 to be sent, seems some are still getting esa50's sent to them.
As usual its a waiting game, was thinking of taking my letter box out of my front door :laugh: maybe a bit drastic.

Regards, Derek.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.