× Members

ESA Assessment

• Rosina Kenny
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122256 by Rosina Kenny
ESA Assessment was created by Rosina Kenny
Hi,

I'm new to this so hope I'm doing the right thing. I made a claim for ESA in February, I'm finally getting the basic £72.40 but there is no sign of my assessment. I have asked the benefit inquiry office but they have no idea. From this site it appears that you have to wait months, is there an Atos office I can ring or email, does anyone know. Also is there any other financial help that I can get in the meantime.

thank you

Rosina
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122259 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
RK

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Have you received and returned an ESA50 form yet?

If you have then you should have information from the covering letter of the ATOS office processing your claim, if not then, then you can try the following;

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: customer-relations @ atoshealthcare.com (remove the space around the @)

If you have returned your ESA50 then I have to warn you that assessments are taking extraordinarily long periods to be held, we are regularly hearing of new claims taking 12 months to be completed where they should take 13 weeks.

In terms of ESA there is little that you do unless you are receiving another benefit such as DLA or PIP, where you may also be eligible for a Premium providing you are receiving Income Related ESA or entitled to an ESA(IR) top-up to your Contribution Based ESA.

Depending on your circumstances you may be eligible for Housing Benefit, the quickest way to check is to enter your details in to one of the online benefit calculators, Turn2Us.org is well regarded, failing that try to get face to face advice from your local CAB or Welfare Rights office, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

The forum has just closed to new posts, but we are open again this evening at 8pm, if you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrissy v

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.