× Members

Telephone call out of the blue.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122284 by pat
Telephone call out of the blue. was created by pat
:angry:
Hi
Yesterday 18/06/14 I was having a lie in. I heard the telephnoe a few times but just ignored it. Later on in the afternoon I noticed a tiny piece of paper next to the phone with some writing on it. Fridays date 20th June the time 2pm the name Emma and DWP.

I asked my daughter what it was and she told me that someone was calling on friday and they wanted her to help them filll in a survey.

After 5 telephone calls I eventually got hold of the department that had made the call and ask them to explain what was happening. They told me they had made an appointment to call at my home.

I told them that I had clearly stated on the form that my daughter very rarely answers the phone and that her mobile is turn off at the moment because she very rarely talks to anyone.

They seemed to find it funny that she thought they were calling to do a survey (pips home visit) and they tried to justify them selfs.

I spoke to a manager and made a complaint but I am not happy with this.

PS they are calling between 10.30 and 12.30 and not at 2pm
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122287 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone call out of the blue.
Pat

Are you sure that it was the DWP, I can't think of any reason that they would want to visit a claimant about their PIP claim.

What stage is the claim at? Are you waiting for an assessment to be arranged?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122294 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Telephone call out of the blue.
Hi Gordon
I am not very good at this I have been a member for a long time but its the first time i have used the forum.

Atos are calling for a home visit for pips as my duughter has agoraphobia plus a few other issues.

Can you tell me what to expected.
Pat

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone call out of the blue.

pat wrote: Hi Gordon
I am not very good at this I have been a member for a long time but its the first time i have used the forum.

Atos are calling for a home visit for pips as my duughter has agoraphobia plus a few other issues.

Can you tell me what to expected.
Pat

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section towards the end that covers assessments and what to expect.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat

More
9 years 11 months ago #122329 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Telephone call out of the blue.
Hi Gordon
I have had a look at PiP claim guide but still not sure what to expected.

I know now that they are surpposed to give give you 7 days notice in writing.

Pat

More
9 years 11 months ago #122333 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Telephone call out of the blue.
As PIP is very new and has been delayed we have little experience. However members may be able to offer their experiences.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.