× Members

DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122304 by Hunster
Hi everyone.

Simply: DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances or Will I Have to Apply for PIP?

I'll try my best to keep this simple, firstly here are my details:
DLA Award 2012 – Indefinite
Mobility – High Rate
Care – Low Rate
I’m 25
And I live in Gloucester (GL4)

Since getting that DLA award, I have developed several other conditions that have affected my care needs to the point I think I would be eligible to at least the middle rate care component. (My mobility needs have worsened also, but as I already get the highest rate I thought this part mute). My question is, if I were to inform the DWP of a change of circumstances for DLA would they advise I apply for PIP, or would I be able to have my DLA award reassessed?

I can provide much more details if needed, but I thought I’d try and keep it brief.

Thank You.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122306 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances?
Hi Natt and welcome to the forum. On the asumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Whether you will be reassessed for DLA or 'invited' to apply for PIP depends entirely on your postcode. If you are in a PIP area and report a change of circumstances, your DLA claim will be terminated even if you don't decide to continue with the PIP claim, so you should think very carefully before going ahead if you are in one of these areas.

PIP help for claimants

PIP postcode map

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #122310 by Hunster
Replied by Hunster on topic DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances?
Thank you for this information, I have included my postcode in my original post, its GL4 which looks like it's excluded. It's the wording of all the rules such as exceptions, but, except if etc.
So let me just get this straight in my head, I live in GL4 which is not currently effected according to the link you provided (and other DWP literature). Therefore a change of circumstances would be treated as just that. A change of circumstances in my current DLA award?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122314 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances?

Natt wrote: Thank you for this information, I have included my postcode in my original post, its GL4 which looks like it's excluded. It's the wording of all the rules such as exceptions, but, except if etc.
So let me just get this straight in my head, I live in GL4 which is not currently effected according to the link you provided (and other DWP literature). Therefore a change of circumstances would be treated as just that. A change of circumstances in my current DLA award?

Yes, we are as sure as we can be that you are correct!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hunster

More
9 years 11 months ago #122316 by Hunster
Replied by Hunster on topic DLA - Can I Report a Change of Circumstances?
Brilliant thank you! That's the best news I could I have. Nevertheless I've been preparing for October 2015 by keeping a report of my disabilities and care needs, if I need to use it a little earlier so be it. Thank you all for the great job you do here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.