× Members

ESA Contributory

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122322 by Cardiff2011
ESA Contributory was created by Cardiff2011
I was on IB for many years but then transferred to ESA Contributory but this ceased after 365 days as I have a small income from a Permenant Health Insurance. I think that I was told that I could re-apply for ESA after 1 or 2 years after the end of my previous claim. Does anyone know if this is the case or have the rules changed??
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122323 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Contributory

Cardiff2011 wrote: I was on IB for many years but then transferred to ESA Contributory but this ceased after 365 days as I have a small income from a Permenant Health Insurance. I think that I was told that I could re-apply for ESA after 1 or 2 years after the end of my previous claim. Does anyone know if this is the case or have the rules changed??
Thanks

I am afraid that you can only make a new claim for ESA(CB) if you can meet the Contribution requirements again, as you were previously on IB, the only way that you can do this is through paid employment or registered self-employment.

Providing you have maintained your Limited Capability for Work status since you last received ESA, then, if your condition has deteriorated and you think you now meet the Support Group criteria then you can asked to be re-assessed, if successful your ESA(CB) will be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #122324 by Cardiff2011
Replied by Cardiff2011 on topic ESA Contributory
Many thanks your very quick response!
With payments from PHI I have continued to pay National Insurance contributions and tax through PAYE. Do you think I can re-apply for ESA contributory and haw long after previous claim finished??

More
9 years 11 months ago #122327 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Contributory

Cardiff2011 wrote: Many thanks your very quick response!
With payments from PHI I have continued to pay National Insurance contributions and tax through PAYE. Do you think I can re-apply for ESA contributory and haw long after previous claim finished??

The tax is not relevant but if you have being paying NI the it may be possible, a new claim for ESA(CB) made now would require sufficient NI Contributions in either of the Tax years 2011-12 or 2012-13 and sufficient NI Contributions and/or NI Credits in both of these Tax years, you would have received Credits from both your IB and ESA, so it will likely be the first Condition which you may struggle with, you can check with HMRC as to what NICs you have.

As it has been more than 12 weeks since your previous ESA claim there should be no restriction on you making a new one, other than as above.

Obviously as this is a new claim you will need to also meet the ESA criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cardiff2011

More
9 years 11 months ago #122330 by Cardiff2011
Replied by Cardiff2011 on topic ESA Contributory
Gordon,

Many thanks! I have sufficient NI contributions so I think I can make new claim but not sure if I have the strength to go through filling in forms and going to medical but I will think about it.

Again many thanks your very quick response.

I very much appreciate all the help you and others give on this site.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.