× Members

Man recon PIP phone call

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122325 by Suebnm
Man recon PIP phone call was created by Suebnm
I received an award for PIP in April at the enhanced mobility and just 6 points in care. I never did get the ATOS report and have since issued a SAR with help from your guides, DWP is on its 35th day.

I asked for a mandatory reconsideration without benefit of the atos report going entirely on the award notice notes if that's what they're called.
Today I received a phone from DWP about the MR. He was abrupt, didn't listen and has entirely thrown me off course. He insisted I produce further evidence but wouldn't say in what area and said several times I could lose my enhanced rate if I continue. While I know this is true he was almost threatening in his tone and attitude. I said at the end I only want the 2 points and almost said other things I would've regretted had I been alone. Unfortunately I didn't have my voice recorder with me as I always record my conversation with DWP and ATOS. He said I should get soft grip cutlery etc and insisted I could cook a simple meal - he just didn't get it, I said amongst other things 'what part of 'I never cook because it's too dangerous aren't you understanding''.

My question is what was this phone call for? Has he made his mind up? If they take away my mobility part can I appeal at tribunal? I have been left feeling I should give up with the MR but think is this what they want you to do.

These tactics are disgraceful to vulnerable people, I have alot of support at home but dread to think what these calls are like for some people if they made me feel like this.

Sorry for the rant but it's still very raw and troubling. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #122332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Man recon PIP phone call
Suze

The phone call is part of the MR process, the DM is supposed to ask you about why disagree with the Decision and why you think you meet the criteria, it is also an opportunity to point them at the evidence that supports your case. Obviously, this is not what happened in your case.

Whilst it is not a given, I think it likely that the DM will uphold the original Decision, they can remove your mobility award, but from what you have posted you have not given them any reason to do this.

The next stage is for you to receive the MR Notice after which you can appeal the Decision to the Tribunal Service, this is explained in more detail in our PIP MR and Appeal guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I'm sure it is just how you have phrased things tonight and not how you completed the PIP2 form, but you should be talking about what you cannot do and why rather than what you don't do, even though there are reasons why you don't do them, it may appear trivial, but it is actually very important as you are unlikely to score points for things you do not do, but should for things that you cannot do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #122335 by Suebnm
Replied by Suebnm on topic Man recon PIP phone call
Thank you Gordon, your reply helped me see things differently and not be so overwrought.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.