× Members

ESA50A

• tinainkent
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122367 by tinainkent
ESA50A was created by tinainkent
Hi,

I was in Incapacity benefit. Although I completed a ESA 50 in a detailed fashion I was called to ATOS and told I was fit to work. When I said I wanted to appeal the DSS put me in the
Work related group. Wrote to them again and now I have been sent an ESA50A
which is different from the ESA50, it is missing a lot of the questions.
Does anyone know what this ESA50A is as I cannot find any mention of it on the site.

How do I put all of my problems on it if there is not a catagory for it?

Anything that is not covered in the sections I am going to put in other information and a separate sheet as I have done in 'About your illnesses'.

Can anyone comment please?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122389 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50A

tinainkent wrote: Hi,

I was in Incapacity benefit. Although I completed a ESA 50 in a detailed fashion I was called to ATOS and told I was fit to work. When I said I wanted to appeal the DSS put me in the
Does anyone know what this ESA50A is as I cannot find any mention of it on the site.

Anything that is not covered in the sections I am going to put in other information and a separate sheet as I have done in 'About your illnesses'.

Hi tk,

An ESA50A is a shortened version of an ESA50.

These are sometimes issued when the DWP have accepted that you have Limited Capability for Work, (LCW. WRAG. "Unfit for Work") but further information is needed to see whether you also have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA. Support Group. "unfit for work related activity")

Under that premise, I would concentrate on showing that not only do you have LCW, you also have LCWRA, and how and why you qualify for The SG.

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA Claims Guides

You can qualify for SG, under any one of :

The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

Or, if non of those, under :

ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) In regulation 35(1) (certain claimants to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity)(6), for sub-paragraph (b) substitute—

“(b)the claimant is-

(i)receiving treatment for cancer by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy;

(ii)likely to receive such treatment within six months after the date of the determination of capability for work-related activity; or

(iii)recovering from such treatment,

and the Secretary of State is satisfied that the claimant should be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity; or”.

From : www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/4/made

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago #122410 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50A

bro58 wrote:

tinainkent wrote: Hi,

Hi tk,

An ESA50A is a shortened version of an ESA50.

These are sometimes issued when the DWP have accepted that you have Limited Capability for Work, (LCW. WRAG. "Unfit for Work") but further information is needed to see whether you also have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA. Support Group. "unfit for work related activity")

Under that premise, I would concentrate on showing that not only do you have LCW, you also have LCWRA, and how and why you qualify for The SG.

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA Claims Guides

You can qualify for SG, under any one of :

The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

Or, if non of those, under :

ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) In regulation 35(1) (certain claimants to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity)(6), for sub-paragraph (b) substitute—

“(b)the claimant is-

(i)receiving treatment for cancer by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy;

(ii)likely to receive such treatment within six months after the date of the determination of capability for work-related activity; or

(iii)recovering from such treatment,

and the Secretary of State is satisfied that the claimant should be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity; or”.

From : www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/4/made

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Hi tk.

Should have clarified that "Yes" you can add extra A4 pages to the ESA50A.

You could draw reference to any added pages within the ESA50A itself.

e.g. "See further information at Page xx of added pages"

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.