× Members

Second medical assesment

More
9 years 10 months ago #122451 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Second medical assesment
Thankyou Mrs Hurtyback
i intend to do just as you say, but i have to stick to my grounds on the home visit due to my condition. Why i was declared unfit for work and then at 60 years old have to prove it all again i don't know, maybe they think i have found a mirical cure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122452 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Second medical assesment
Thankyou for your reply Gordon , why i the i was getting jsa i don't know , since my post i now know my claim was for sda.

i have asked my Doctor for my full medical notes which i had to pay for and these i pick up tomorrow. His thoughts were a separte letter would be un-necessary as details of my visits and medication etc would be all on there to see. ( Hope he's right)

More
9 years 10 months ago #122456 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Second medical assesment

Ray wrote: Thankyou for your reply Gordon , why i the i was getting jsa i don't know , since my post i now know my claim was for sda.

i have asked my Doctor for my full medical notes which i had to pay for and these i pick up tomorrow. His thoughts were a separte letter would be un-necessary as details of my visits and medication etc would be all on there to see. ( Hope he's right)

I am afraid that he isn't right about the letter, whilst it is isn't impossible that they will make a decision on a home assessment or even no assessment at all based on the information you have submitted, the chances are quite small. At the very least I would expect ATOS to write to him asking for confirmation that you cannot attend at one of their offices, but this only happens in about 25% of claims, so if you want to avoid having to go to an ATOS office you need your GP to write a letter explaining why you would not be able to do this.

With regard the additional information you are sending to ATOS, we recommend that you also send it the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the "Decision Maker" and also have a copy available for the assessor to read prior to their starting the interview, they are required to do this under section 3.1.2. of the WCA Handbook.

With regard the ESA assessment in general, it is important that you realise that the process is very different from SDA one that you had some time ago, the criteria are quite different and importantly, ESA is not awarded because of a claimants conditions but rather the limitations that result from them.

Please go through our ESA Claim guides to make sure that you fully understand how you are being assessed this time.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago #122458 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Second medical assesment
Hi R,

If you are to issue a SAR to The DWP, I would do so as a totally separate issue to any other correspondence.

It should be posted in its own envelope, addressed to the the DWP Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent DWP letter, FAO The Data Controller.

It may help further if you write : DPA 1998 SAR on the front, top, left corner of the envelope, and your name, address and postcode of the back, top right. :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.