× Members

Giving one the PIP

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122399 by apples6
Giving one the PIP was created by apples6
Dear PIP

Has there been any details of the length of wards made topersons (not SRTI and those at young commencement disability age)?

For descriptors that say' Assistance' (reqd' Does there have to be an actual 'carer or similar)'partner'?
I think? with DLA ther could be assistance reqd. however it did not require an actual person doing such?

Also please what happens when someone reaches 65 I relation to PIP?
Is it that if one is refused at some any point and then reapplies one would no longer get PIP::
the mobility component

Thanks so much
Wise ones
Apples6
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122404 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Giving one the PIP
The idea is that shorter awards will be made of say 2yrs if people are likely to improve with most awards being no longer than 10yrs. Only a small number of people will recieve indefinite awards. As PIP is so new we do not have any statistics, that I am aware of, around length of awards. However members may give their award lengths.

Care or supervision is as reasonably required rather than necessarily as provided. Other things should be taken into consideration as well such as whether someone is safe to do a task, whether it takes a long time, whether they can do it repeatedly, whether they can do it sometimes but not others. They are also supposed to consider side effects such as pain, fatigue, breathlessness.

If an award is gained before 65 it will continue untill it is due to be renewed. If it was then lost an AA claim would need to be made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.