× Members

Work focused interview for partners, child under 1

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122421 by swooosh
Hi all, hoping someone can help me, I've received a letter asking me to attend a work focused interview for partners (my wife is in the ESA support group) and I am wondering if I should be exempt from this due to having a child under one in the household?

Also we have a 2yr old and a 10yr old plus my wife needs supervision (she is in the support group for mental health problems) and would not be able to cope on her own with me gone for an hour, I rang the job centre but they didn't seem to know the rules regarding children under one and partners!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dave
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122424 by Gordon
Dave

I assume that your wife is receiving Income Related ESA and as a result you are considered part of her claim.

I am afraid you are not exempted from attending the WFI and if you fail to do so then your wife's ESA can be sanctioned.

You can try and contact the JC+ advisor and ask for the WFI to be held over the phone they may be amenable to doing this if you can show that you would have problems arranging for child care, they may also consider this if your wife requires constant attention, but I have to warn you that they are usually quite reluctant to let the partner off attending a first appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122426 by bro58
Hi s,

Just to add to Gordon's good advice,

See :

Work Focused Interviews

&

Work Programme

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.