× Members

Changing ESA payments from post office to current

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122427 by froggylegs
Hi, I hope this topic is allowed, I did not know where else to ask this question.

I currently receive my ESA via a Post Office Card Account. I wish to change this so I receive it directly into my bank current account.

How do I go about this, is it easy and will it trigger anything scary (like early reassessment?

Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122430 by

froggylegs wrote: Hi, I hope this topic is allowed, I did not know where else to ask this question.

I currently receive my ESA via a Post Office Card Account. I wish to change this so I receive it directly into my bank current account.

How do I go about this, is it easy and will it trigger anything scary (like early reassessment?

Many thanks

Hi fl,

The first thing that you need to do is get the "Bank Account" up and running.

You should then write to the DWP office that administers your ESA, this address should be on your most current ESA letter.

You should inform them that you want your ESA paid into the "Bank Account", and provide details of the Bank, Account Number, Sort Code, etc.

As this is not a "Change of Circumstances" it should not instigate an early reassessment of your current ESA award.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

More
9 years 10 months ago #122432 by froggylegs
Replied by froggylegs on topic Changing ESA payments from post office to current
Thanks bro :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.