× Members

Notification of Local Service Compliance Interview

• Mary
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122482 by Mary
I have not posted before ,
Received letter this morning from DWP feel very distressed over it.
In top right hand corner it says it from Fraud and Error Local Service Compliance.
When I rang to find out why I been asked to go for interview , the person was on holiday got transferred else where , The person told me that anyone on benefits is receiving these letters.
I was very shocked at this and feel rather distressed over it ,has anyone got one .
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
Many Thanks
Mary
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago #122486 by bro58

Mary wrote: I have not posted before ,
Received letter this morning from DWP feel very distressed over it.
In top right hand corner it says it from Fraud and Error Local Service Compliance.
When I rang to find out why I been asked to go for interview , the person was on holiday got transferred else where , The person told me that anyone on benefits is receiving these letters.
I was very shocked at this and feel rather distressed over it ,has anyone got one .
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
Many Thanks
Mary

Hi M,

Welcome to the forum, and if you are also a new member :

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

A Compliance Interview could be as a result of someone reporting you anonymously/maliciously, or it could simply be that your name has been chosen at random.

Not all benefits recipients receive Compliance Interviews, so the information that you were given is wrong.

Some of our members have had Compliance Interviews, and in the majority of cases, all has been fine.

They may ask you to provide copies of your Bank statements, etc.

You could contact them again, and inquire "what" has triggered the interview ?

You need to make sure that it will not be an Interview Under Caution (IUC) as this is not a normal Compliance Interview.

Hopefully, it will turn out to be nothing to worry about.

Here are the posts that came up when I put Compliance into the site Search Engine :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=sea...ldforums=1&catids=10

bro58

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122487 by bro58
Hi M,

Here is further information on DWP "Compliance" that was provided as the result of an FOI request :

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/customer_compliance_department

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/customer_compliance_department_u

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.