× Members

PIP at older age range

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122497 by apples6
PIP at older age range was created by apples6
Dear B&W
If one is not in the pilot areas currently for PIP of the period from October 2015
and fall into the 2015-17 'random rest applying from DLA to PIP.
I have just read in a(reasonable) publication that that if you are by then in your 60-s but not allowed to remain on DLA it is implying
''if you get DLA +under 65 on 8.4.13 but have since reached 65 you will be reassessed for PIP..
More*** people in in this age group may be selected toward the start of the period Oct 2015..''

It had been crossing my mind with some trepidation asnd now I have seen this form a reasonable source. My concerns are the gov via DWP will be trying (regardless of health/limitations) to be
particularly picking these people off as easier targets.

I would appreciate your view/opinion as said I had already thought it: now seeing this in black and while makes me v concerned) when one is not well it is the battling that one has to do so much
of course it they denied claim etc then only alternative is Att All without any Mobility award to it.
Thank you
pples6
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP at older age range
Apple

You are correct in thinking that all DLA claimants under the age of 65 on 8 April 2013 will be transferred to PIP even if they are over the age of 65 at the time of transfer. And yes, this does potentially disadvantage those that fall into this category as they will have no second chance to apply for PIP if their claim is turned down as they will then be over 65 and can only make a claim for Attendance Allowance.

The PIP Descriptors are quite specific and whilst it is not impossible for some form of age related depreciation to be considered, there is nothing the DWP guidance that suggests that this will be done.

Also, there may well be 60+ year olds who are already being "invited" to claim PIP as they currently have fixed term DLA awards that are expiring and we have not heard of any issues specifically related to their age, the numbers who have been moved are still relatively low, but I think we would have heard about it, if there was a problem.

Unfortunately there is little more comfort we can offer at this time, I am sure that it is an area that we monitor, but until there are significant numbers of claimants completing the move there is little we can form an opinion on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.