× Members

My ESA Claim..

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122524 by termi2607
My ESA Claim.. was created by termi2607
Hope you can help. Had my medical and was disallowed on ESA due to no covering info and no form ESA50, which Atos told me not to worry about.

Reconsideration i was told would be 3 - 5 weeks. I managed to get letter from GP and also letter from Counselor confirming my anxiety was that bad i do not leave home etc, and these were faxed one day after they had reviewed the reconsideration, so they did not have the papers. I called and was told, they would send back to decision maker, who took a further three weeks just to tell me it had no influence on decision as Atos are professional healthcare people.

They left me with one week to submit an appeal. I am a mess, heart thumping, sweating for England. I just don't know now what to do. Jobcentre have put me on a course, there is no way i could attend with my anxiety, but if i do not, they stop all benefits. I have stated drinking alcohol to stop the panic attacks i am getting....Help if you can please..
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My ESA Claim..
Philip

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You will have to forgive me but I am a little confused by some of the details of your post :)

You should have one month to submit an appeal from the date that you receive the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice.

I'm not sure I understand why the JC+ have sent you on a course if you were found Fit for Work, have you in actual fact been placed in the WRAG?

Have a look at our ESA MR and Appeal guide, it has details of the form you will need to complete in order to lodge an appeal with the Tribunal Service.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Once the appeal has been lodged you should be entitled to the ESA Assessment rate until your appeal is heard.

To qualify for ESA you need to meet the ESA criteria which are explained in detail in our ESA Claim guides, also on the above link. Whilst you can be assessed for ESA without an ESA50 it is unusual for a Decision to be made without one or any other evidence in support of your claim. A Tribunal will look at all the facts from scratch so you now have an opportunity to present you case in detail, the guides explain how to do this and there are templates in the same area that you can use to simplify the process.

If the assessment process is having the negative effects on your health that you have reported in your post, then I would urge you to see your GP, they should be able to provide you with the support that you need at this undoubtedly stressful moment.

If you have further questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.