× Members

ESA Contributions, WRAG 365 days + support group

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122569 by justanotherday2
ESA Contributions, WRAG 365 days + support group was created by justanotherday2
Trying to fathom whether I'm due a back payment of ESA, would welcome any pointers.

Briefly after 20+ yrs of employment I was placed in WRAG in 2011 (even though I didnt know what group it was then), then time limited to 365 days, but still LCW so continued to be entitled to credits, then in late 2013 got a letter out of blue saying due to a change of circs I was moved to SG and payments started up again from then. :dry:

I hadnt done a thing though?

I did a subject access request and it turns out that they had written to GP in Sept 2013 and as a result of that put me in SG. The thing is, had they written to GP at any point from 2011, the GP would have written the exact same thing?!

And it took 6-7 weeks from the date of GP's reply for it to go back to ATOS and then to DM...so why was it not backdated to the date of GP's reply?

Also as I'd worked in 2009, 2010 and for a good part of 2011, why didnt I get a second period of WRAG after the time limiting in 2012 because of the later tax year? or If I'm put back in WRAG in the future will I get the extra 365 days then?

Any ideas welcome. Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122571 by slugsta
You would have to totally close your ESA claim, wait at least 12/13 weeks and then reapply in order to get another WRAG 365 day allowance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: justanotherday2

More
9 years 10 months ago #122572 by justanotherday2
Replied by justanotherday2 on topic ESA Contributions, WRAG 365 days + support group

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: You would have to totally close your ESA claim, wait at least 12/13 weeks and then reapply in order to get another WRAG 365 day allowance.

Thank you. Not sure that would work if I closed down a claim as I've been on ESA since mid 2011 (ie. not working...I'm still in SG now) so wouldnt satisfy the contribution conditions if my original claim went?

More
9 years 10 months ago #122573 by Gordon
justanotherday2

Welcome to the forum.

You can certainly try arguing that the Decision should take effect from an earlier date, but the relevant legislation refers to the date that the DWP are informed of the change, I suspect that they will take the position that at the very earliest this would be when ATOS received your GPs response.

I am afraid the argument that your GP would have made the same reply in 2011 is moot, they didn't and you had the opportunity of challenging the original Decision at the time and did not.

With regard to a second claim for ESA(CB) I am afraid that the DWP only have a responsibility to check whether the claimant is eligible for ESA(IR), it is the responsibility of the claimant to make a new claim for ESA(CB) if they believe that they can re-meet the three Contribution Conditions.

If you are placed in the WRAG again, then your payments will immediately stop as you have already used up your 365 days on this claim, whether you can make a new claim for ESA(CB) will depend on when this occurs as ESA(CB) uses the two full Tax Years preceding the year the claim is made so for a new claim this year (2014), the Tax Years used are 2011-12 and 2012-13.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, justanotherday2

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.