× Members

Bedroom Tax

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122590 by wendringham
Bedroom Tax was created by wendringham
Two close friends of mine have been told by a councillor that the bedroom tax has been abolished in parts of Yorkshire but councils are not allowed to tell the public so that they can still take the money from existing claims, however, any new housing benefit claims will not be subject to the tax. I have searched the web and can only find reports to say this is a scam but surely a councillor would have inside knowledge. Please can you investigate what the truth is?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122593 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Bedroom Tax

wendringham wrote: Two close friends of mine have been told by a councillor that the bedroom tax has been abolished in parts of Yorkshire but councils are not allowed to tell the public so that they can still take the money from existing claims, however, any new housing benefit claims will not be subject to the tax. I have searched the web and can only find reports to say this is a scam but surely a councillor would have inside knowledge. Please can you investigate what the truth is?

I am afraid it's not true.

For the Bedroom Tax to be removed it would require the amendment or repeal of the relevant legislation by the House of Commons, there is no way that this could have been done this without it making headline news across the country and is it would be a massive climb down by the Government.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.