× Members

esa and company pension

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122651 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic esa and company pension
I have always received contribution based payments, so as I understand it my esa will not change as long as I remain on contribution based payments and my pension of £74 a week will not effect my payments as it is below the point that they start deducting, I hope that's right, I fully expected to lose my benefits so that is a nice surprise, I will inform dwp when I receive official details regarding pension, thanks for your help. I am correct yes?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122652 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa and company pension

freefee wrote: so if I understand correctly, my pension of £74 a week and my lump sum will not effect my esa payments as long as my benefits remain contribution based? sorry for being a bit thick.

Hi ff,

If you are in receipt of CB ESA only, then any amount of lump sum would have no affect your CB ESA payments.

For CB ESA payments only, an OP of £74/Week would have no affect on your weekly CB ESA payments.

As previously advised, you would still need to inform the DWP in writing.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122653 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa and company pension

freefee wrote: I have always received contribution based payments, so as I understand it my esa will not change as long as I remain on contribution based payments and my pension of £74 a week will not effect my payments as it is below the point that they start deducting, I hope that's right, I fully expected to lose my benefits so that is a nice surprise, I will inform dwp when I receive official details regarding pension, thanks for your help. I am correct yes?

Yes ff !!, that is correct !! :laugh: (for CB ESA only payment)

You might want to check with The CAB or the like to check that you are only in receipt of CB ESA.

You could also ask for written clarification from The DWP office that deals with your ESA.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.