× Members

Still waiting for assessment date !!!

• Michelle Castle
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122645 by Michelle Castle
Still waiting for assessment date !!! was created by Michelle Castle
Hi Everyone,
I have just joined the group, and this is my very first posting.I applied for PIP at the beginning of August 2013.I have never heard from DWP, so contacted them in December.They informed me that ATOS had been passed my case.I rang ATOS, and they informed me that they were expecting to see me at the end of January 2014.I had requested a home visit , as i suffer from a debiliating spinal condition, which means i cannot use public transport, do not own a vehicle, and even bumpy uncomfortable car journeys hurt my spine.However i was told i wouldnt be having a home visit.I am still waiting, i rang in April, i was told they hoped to see me in June.I have heard nothing.I have since been awarded a Blue Badge, and my Local Authority assessor basically told me i had been assessed in the PIP mobility format, and that it was evident i was in need of higher rate mobility component.I am on a large cocktail of painkillers, and my morphine dosage has been doubled.I have even been assessed by my Local Authority , who have given me a commode, stair rails, and an electric bath seat to help me.Please could anyone advise me , i know i am not the only person waiting, but it is so frustrating.
Many Thanks
Michelle
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122650 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Still waiting for assessment date !!!
Hello Michelle,

Welcome to the site.

As far as the home visit goes I would recommend getting a letter from the doctor stating you cannot leave the house for medical reasons.

I would reccommend letting Atos know in writing that you now have a blue badge, additional aids/adaptions and increased meds if this was not on the form. I am afraid, however, having a blue badge won't guarantee the mobility component but it might help.

As for waiting I can only reccommend having someone phone or write for you such as MP/benefits advisor.

(You might want to change your name to something more anonymous.)
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Puccalove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Castle

More
9 years 10 months ago #122654 by Bev
Replied by Bev on topic Still waiting for assessment date !!!
Hi Michelle,

I had been waiting since August 2013, had my medical assessment in May 2014 after contacting my MP and he sent a letter to the DWP and all of a sudden I got a date, I would say the MP or Citizen Advice route would be good it worked for me.

Good Luck and I hope you get a date soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Castle

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122655 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Still waiting for assessment date !!!
Hi,

For your information, and that of the OP :

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• Rubyred
9 years 10 months ago #122659 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Still waiting for assessment date !!!
Hi, I work for a Local Authority and do assessments for all ages of people who either need care or receive care.
The criteria we use is not like the PIP criteria, I would say very different.
I know it doesnt seem to matter to the Atos assessors whether you have aids and appliances or a Blue Badge as to whether they consider you meet the criteria for PIP.
I have had a Blue Badge for 3 years and it has just been renewed and Ive been refused DLA twice, so very different rules apply.
I hope you get your assessment date soon though and get it over with.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.