× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration help

More
9 years 10 months ago #122658 by Homer88
Mandatory Reconsideration help was created by Homer88
Hi

I only scored 6 point on my WCA test. I phoned them (DWP) for a written report as to why i was found fit for work. I used your guides for mandatory reconsideration. The letter was put to them on 19 May 14. I'm lucky or unlucky to have broken my ankle, so instead of going on JSA I applyed for ESA again and got it.

Now the new way the do ESA (new people ) is to call you in for a "work -focused interview opportunity" 4 weeks into esa claim. since then I've had a total of 2 interviews plus another one to attend and one with ORT for transferable skills. By the time i attain the next appointment it will be 2 months the MR will be in.

My question is can I force the DWP to tell me were it is on the MR or when they will decide.
or tell them they have a time limit to reply or I go straight to appeal presum there decision.

Thanks..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122661 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration help
I'm afraid that there is no time-limit in which DWP are obliged to deal with your case. The tribunal service cannot accept your appeal unless it is accompanied by the form that DWP send out declaring that the MR has taken place, so you really are stuck at the moment :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122670 by Homer88
Replied by Homer88 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration help
yeah I know.

But they send you a letter saying that if you do not send in a sick note by such a date, your claim for ESA will be closed. Why can we not do the same to them about the MR ....!!!!

More
9 years 10 months ago #122672 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration help

Homer88 wrote: yeah I know.

But they send you a letter saying that if you do not send in a sick note by such a date, your claim for ESA will be closed. Why can we not do the same to them about the MR ....!!!!

Unfortunately you would need some form of leverage on the DWP for this to be successful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122838 by Homer88
Update.

Its been exactly 7weeks since I put my Mandatory Reconsideration letter into the job centre.
So I rung DWP to find anything out. They told me that they received the letter on the 23 June and that I would get a phone call this week or early next week. So most of the delays is based in the internal post system. They had no excuse for delays.

Cheers.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122841 by Homer88
sorry only just crossed my mind.

on there stats. it will look as it only took the avg time. two weeks. the date they got it to the date of the decision. The time in between will not appear on any stats. It might a good idea to look into this.

This could also be applyed to others, PIP etc.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.