× Members

ESA support Group

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122711 by Suziesue
ESA support Group was created by Suziesue
I have been in the ESA Support Group since February having previously been in the Work Related Group. My understanding was that I would not be required to have any work focused interviews, according to my Job Centre I still have to attend.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122712 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support Group

Suziesue wrote: I have been in the ESA Support Group since February having previously been in the Work Related Group. My understanding was that I would not be required to have any work focused interviews, according to my Job Centre I still have to attend.

They are wrong.

The Employment and Support Allowance Regulations 2008

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/54/made

54. (1) The Secretary of State may require a claimant who satisfies the requirements in paragraph (2) to take part in one or more work-focused interviews as a condition of continuing to be entitled to the full amount of employment and support allowance payable to the claimant.

(2) The requirements referred to in paragraph (1) are that the claimant—

(a) is either—
(i) entitled to an employment and support allowance; or
(ii) a person in respect of whom the Secretary of State has made an award under regulation 146;

(b) is not a member of the support group;

(c) has not reached the age at which a woman of the same age as the claimant would attain pensionable age; and

(d) is not only entitled to a contributory allowance payable at a nil rate.

(3) Any requirement to take part in a work-focused interview ceases to have effect if the claimant ceases to satisfy the requirements in paragraph 2.

and

Decision Makers Guide Chapter 53

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...e/307749/dmgch53.pdf

53013 The Secretary of State may require a claimant who satisfies the conditions at DMG 53014 to take part in one or more WfIs as a condition of continuing to be entitled to the full amount of ESA1. See DMG 53031 et seq for guidance on where a claimant is also required to undertake WRA.

53014 The conditions1 referred to in DMG 53013 are that the claimant is
1. entitled to ESA or an advance award of ESA2 has been made (DMG 53200 et seq) and
2. not a member of the support group and
3. under the age at which a woman of the same age as the claimant attains pensionable age (see DMG Chapter 75) and
4. not a person who is only entitled to ESA(Cont) payable at nil rate
5. not a lone parent who is responsible for and a member of the same household as a child aged under one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122715 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA support Group
Hi Ss,

So you can cite :

Decision Makers Guide Chapter 53 @ 53013. & 53014. 2.

&

ESA Regulations 2008. 54. (2) (b)

If necessary print off the extracts from the links that Gordon has provided, and send them to The JC Plus.

If they still insist on you taking part in WFI/WRA, complain to your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

As you do not have to participate in WFI's, you don't have to take part in WRA either.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.