× Members

Request for a written statement of reasons

More
9 years 10 months ago #122728 by ak
I asked for a written statement of reasons as a lot of it I could not read.

I got this answer back from the district tribunal judge.

I have considered the record of proceedings and do not consider that most of it can not be read.
The appellant is to indicate which parts of which pages he cannot read before the pages are referred to the judge for typing.

There are 14 pages to go through surely I do not have to say I can not read line two word three etc or this particular paragraph.
What will I get back in return just the odd words typed up or paragraph it will not all be in context.
Is this normal. I have cfs/me and could do without this stress as it makes me ill.
It would of been easier for the judge to of just got the notes typed up.
How do I respond and where do I stand
as I thought if you asked for the proceedings to be typed up they would be

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Request for a written statement of reasons
AK

The Statement of Reasons should be typed as it is only produced to order, the Record of Proceedings is produced during the hearing by the Judge and is usually hand written, under normal circumstances a claimant would receive a photocopy of these pages.

I am afraid I don't think you have any real leverage to have the whole RofP transcribed, all you can do is indicate what is not legible, I would recommend that you indicate the paragraphs that you have problems with rather than individual words, it will reduce the amount of work for you and ensure that the full context of the words are available to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suebnm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.