× Members

PIP

• chris in cardiff
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122742 by chris in cardiff
PIP was created by chris in cardiff
I have been helping a lady claim PIP. She made her initial claim in July 2013 and had her med assessment on 18 October. After numerous phone calls to Capita and DWP she finally got her award of Standard Rate Daily Living on 19 May which was backdated to July 2013. The award letter came with a full explanation of the points attained. On reading I felt that we should ask for a reconsideration since not all sections where nil or reduced points were awarded were accorded an explanation. I spoke with a decision maker at DWP and he agreed that there might be scope for a reconsideration. He explained that a new decision could reduce, retain or increase the award. If unhappy with the new award then we could appeal. I asked if the award would be stopped whilst waiting for an appeal he said that payments based on the original award would continue until an appeal decision was made and that if successful in getting a higher award then these additional payments would be backdated to July 2013. We now await the reconsidered award.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.