× Members

ESA in Europe

• Anna Wardman
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122842 by Anna Wardman
ESA in Europe was created by Anna Wardman
I have been getting ESA for a couple of years now and am in the Support Group. I am thinking of moving to southern France because the weather there helps my health problem (I have a chronic pain condition) whereas the winters here are absolute killers. My dream is that the pain will decrease and I may be able to work there but I would like to know if I can continue to claim ESA when I go over there and whether there is a similar French benefit I could apply for if I do not get better. Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122844 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA in Europe
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We do not really advise on claiming/receiving ESA abroad. However, an important aspect of whether you can continue to receive ESA whilst living in France is whether or not your ESA payments are Contribution Based (CB) ESA or Income Related (IR) ESA.

If they are IR ESA, you can only receive payment for up to a maximum of 4 weeks.

See further information from the following links :

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness...-disability-benefits

&

www.dwp.gov.uk/international/benefits/employment-and-support/

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.