× Members

Incorrect Information on PiP award letter

• Meloddie
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122992 by Meloddie
HI

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice please, I am benefits appointee for my daughter and got decision letter in post dated 14th May 2014, there is a huge error in first page it says she is not entitled to any rate of the Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment, this is an error from person typing out and printing letter to me as she has been awarded 27 pts for Care which entitles her to Enhanced Rate, because of this there is no Statement of Entitlement enclosed, I have phoned them 4 times now and even sent them a letter and they received it on 20th of May but still no amended letter or Statement of Entitlement, yes she is getting the money but it seems impossible to get amended letter and Statement of Entitlement, when I speak to them they say they cannot issue correct letter it has to be the ones who wrote the original letter, who ever that was they keep saying they will sort this and that they will email the department involved, even promised me other week they had lodged complaint but still when I phoned back on 2nd July the lady I spoke to said nothing has been actioned and promised a call back within 5 days well surprise no call back, I have 1571 so it is impossible for me to miss their call. I am at a loss as what to do as I need this letter and Statement of Entitlement to apply for other benefits but I cannot get any action taken or replacement letter or Statement of Entitlement I only have her Statment of Entitlement for the Mobility Part. Please if anyone knows what I can do please let me know as contacting Personal Independence Payment 9, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton WV99 1AG or even writting to them has got me nowhere and I am at a loss but need this proof for her housing benefit along with council tax benefit etc etc. :(
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122997 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Incorrect Information on PiP award letter
Hi Meloddie and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

__________________________________________________________________________________

This is a right mess, isn't it?! Have you requested a call-back from a supervisor? They usually have more authority than the call handlers and can often get things sorted out for the claimant. If you have done this and the matter is still not sorted then all I can suggest is getting your MP involved. They cannot influence the outcome of an assessment but something like this should be within their remit.

Contacting your MP

Seperately from this, you can also consider complaining to DWP about the matter.

Complaining to the DWP

If you have any further questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

• Meloddie
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #123006 by Meloddie
Replied by Meloddie on topic Incorrect Information on PiP award letter
Thank you I am not new to Benefits and Work I have subscribed now for my 3rd year and thanks to your Guides I made a succesful PIP claim. Yes I have asked to speak to supervisors last few times I have called but that still gets me nowhere, apparantly they aren't able to issue Statements of Entitlement only those that sent original letter whoever that is, they said if it was DLA they could isssue letter but that they cannot atm do this. I have just been reading complaint procedure on DWP site and I have made notes on what I need to say to them exactly tmrw and give them 15 days to sort this before I go to the Independent Case Examiner as I have used my MP in the past but not for help with Benefits and find he gets told lies from bodies and end up getting nowhere. If I use this complaints procedure and it does not work then I will go to my MP. thanks for getting back to me so soon, wondered if anyone else had encountered same problem one of them told me oh dear someone must clicked wrong drop down menu when doing the letter, surely someone has to sort this mistake I don't even care if never get the letter amended but need Statement of Entitlement for our local Council they are asking for it even though they have been notifed electronically about her award, I even asked DWP if they could electonically sent me proof entitlement but no they can't.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123009 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Incorrect Information on PiP award letter
Meloddie

I suspect that as this is to do with the Decision, they need the Decision Maker to issue the letter.

I agree with Mrs H that your best option is your MP and failing that a complaint.

I am really surprised that your LA are requiring written confirmation, I would have expected them to be able to do this electronically, in fact I would have expected them to prefer to do this as they get the correct information almost immediately, it might be worth your asking why they need this letter and cannot progress the claim based on the info they already have access to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Meloddie

• Meloddie
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #123053 by Meloddie
Replied by Meloddie on topic Incorrect Information on PiP award letter
I sent off a complaint Gordon and if that don't get the letter and statement if entitlement I will approach mp give them another on the first. Yes think this is the problem has to be decision maker I think. I was told by one person in LA that they have the info electronically and that be enough just to say in claim but when I took form local contact centre was told needed Statement of entitlement so they can see rates she on . So atm I am not sure waiting to see ic they process claim it takes about 6 weeks where I live. I just don't think I can ignore not having Statement of entitlement as be only time it's issued I imagine.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.