× Members

So I had the phone call

More
9 years 10 months ago #123061 by MissK
So I had the phone call was created by MissK
The decision maker rang me , not sure if thats the right name for her, she said she was just ringing to tell me I had scored nil points, at my assesment, I asked her how coukd that be, when every question I told the woman who was doing it I coukdnt do, I explained about my pain what tablets I take and how many, how much help I need, I realy dont know how she arrived at nothing, I couldn't have told her any more, then on top of that I was clearly aggitated and upset at being kept waiting 45 minutes, but she just said I could sign on once a Fortnight for job seekers, which is a joke, I coukdnt even get to the job center, let alone go for interviews and training courses which she said I would need to do to qualify, I tried explaining to her but its like banging your head on a wall, I also tried to tell her I am on full rate DLA , for a reason, but she said that has nothing to do with it

I suppose im no worse off realy , though I was hoping I might just be in the support group, she did say if I sign on for job seekers they would still pay my stsmp, but Ive already got more years than I need, after having worked all my life, I am quite upset realy the fact that this strange person in approx 10 minutes can decide on my illness, and my fate .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic So I had the phone call
MissK

You can appeal the Decision, the first stage to this is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, see our ESA MR and Appeal Guide for more details

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

I am afraid you will not receive any payments until the MR is completed and you have lodged an appeal with the Tribunal Service.

There is an opportunity for you to send in new evidence or to clarify the evidence that you have already sent in, MR revision rates have improved significantly so it is worth doing if you can.

Remember, you need to explain your limitations in regard to the ESA Descriptors, so as an example; where you talked about your pain in your post, how does this effect your ability to do things like Mobilising, Sitting and Standing or picking things up.

If we can help more, then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #123070 by MissK
Replied by MissK on topic So I had the phone call
Sorry the link isnt working for me

More
9 years 10 months ago #123072 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic So I had the phone call

MissK wrote: Sorry the link isnt working for me

Sorry someone appears to have moved the page!!!

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris