× Members

Totally lost ???

• Eddie
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #123073 by Eddie
Totally lost ??? was created by Eddie
I'm am totally lost with Dla,esa, income related or not ? Support group ? Work group ?

I'm 50 years old I have terminal cancer, I have cudia equina, I can hardly walk, I have no control over my bowels or bladder. I'm living in private rent expensive house share with other people. I don't know where to go for help. My dla is about to run out wich means I'm about to loose about nearly 200 pounds a week with dla and esa? I've herd the time to renew dla is about six months or so? I can't afford to live without it? I don't know what to do or who to turn to for help?

So deprest and suicidle...any help or advice would be very much welcolme

Thanks Edd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Totally lost ???
Eddie

I am sorry to hear of your situation.

Please forgive me for the following.

For benefit purposes, to be considered terminally ill there has to be an expectation of death with six months, if this is the case then your GP or one of the doctors treating you should be able to issue you with a DS1500. Once you have one of these you can make a rapid claim for ESA and it should be possible for your DLA to be renewed automatically, or if necessary for a new PIP claim to be processed.

If you cannot get a DS1500 then I am afraid that you will need to make a normal claim for ESA and potentially notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances in regard to your DLA.

Handling both of these claims together will be tough on you so I would advise you to try and get assistance.

You can either get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town, or county, better still, speak to MacMillan Nurses, they have access to welfare rights advice and experience of these types of claims and can help you manage your illness and treatment.

www.macmillan.org.uk/Home.aspx

If we can be of further help, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #123079 by annief
Replied by annief on topic Totally lost ???
Eddie, Do you have a nurse specialsit for your cancer? If you do, they can make the referral to a benefits adviser for you and complete a DS1500 and send it on to them if it is appropriate.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris