× Members

Invitation to complete ESA3 04/14

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #123100 by Proud & Disabled
Invitation to complete ESA3 04/14 was created by Proud & Disabled
I received today by second class post a general letter from jobcentreplus stating that their records show that I am CB ESA and in Support Group. News to me as I got no feedback from the transfer of IB to ESA in Sep 2013 (ESA50).

jobcentreplus now wish to advise that I may be entitled to an additional premium if I qualify for IR ESA.

The ESA3 04/14 is 49 pages which I cannot complete because I am severely disabled. Last year when I moved from IB to ESA, ATOS and DWP just ignored my level of disability and a volunteer took 8 weeks to complete the form.

This letter has no e-mails just a telephone number. I telephoned several times today and no advisor available.

What are jobcentreplus trying to do?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Invitation to complete ESA3 04/14
P&D

For a change the DWP are actually being proactive.

As the letter says, having been placed in the Support Group you may also be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium (£15.55 extra a week), if you are also eligible for Income Related ESA as a top-up to your ESA(CB). eligibility is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The ESA3 form captures this information for the DWP.

If you do not think that you are eligible or do not want to fill the form in then I would recommend your writing to them to let them know this.

If you need more time to complete it, then again write to them, the DWP have a bad habit of suspending payments when information they have requested is not returned, there is no reason for them to do this for your claim, but stranger things have happened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proud & Disabled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.